‘We’ refers to GM8 Group Limited (company registered number 4414980), whose main trading address is at 54 Wilbury Way, Hitchin, Herts, SG4 0TP.
- When your data is collected
We will collect and process data about you, when you:
- Engage with us on social media.
- Create an account with us.
- Order products from us.
- Attend exhibitions and engage with us at our stand.
- Enter our prize draws or competitions.
- Comment on or review our products.
- What data is collected
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, contact details (including address) and payment details when you order our products. (Your payment details are not stored after payment has been made.)
- If you have a web account with us: your name, billing/delivery address, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Your comments and product reviews.
Collecting this data is essential to us being able to provide high quality services to you.
- How we use your personal data
A key requirement of UK data Protection law is that we have a lawful basis for each aspect of processing of your data.
- Where data is collected for the purpose of fulfilling a contract with you, we will use your data on the basis that processing is necessary to fulfil that contract, which may include the following types of processing:
- To respond to your enquiries and requests.
- To deliver products which have been ordered by you.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To process payments for products purchased and to prevent fraudulent transactions
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us (including for the purposes of debt collection).
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback if you interact with us through social media.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities.
- Where we are required to process data in order to comply with our legal obligations, we will use your data on the basis that it is necessary to do so for the purposes of legal compliance, which may include storing your data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims within the relevant statutory limitation periods.
- Where we have a legitimate interest (which you may object to at any time as set out below) to process data, we will use your data on the basis that we have legitimate interest to do so which is not overridden by your rights and freedoms, which may include the following types of processing:
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To develop and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you.
- To send you surveys and feedback requests to help improve our service and range of products which are relevant to you (these messages will not include any promotional content).
- Where we have your consent (which you may withdraw any time as set out below) to process data, we will use your data on the basis that we have your consent to do so, which may include keeping you informed by email about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions etc.
- How we protect your personal data
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.
Our electronic data is held on secure computer systems. Access to your personal data is password-protected.
Marketing related data is held in online systems which are password protected and are GDPR-compliant (EU-based) or have certified compliance with the US Privacy Shield Framework, (US-based).
- How long will we keep your personal data?
We will process your data for no longer than is reasonably required. We consider this to be the amount of time that we need your data in order for any processing which is carried out on the basis of one or more lawful basis set out in paragraph 4 above.
- Who we share your personal data with
We will never sell your information to third parties. However we may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective buyers of such business or assets and to their legal advisers.
- In the event that we appoint a third party data processor to process your data in accordance with our documented instructions and with the requirements of UK Data Protection law.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- If it is necessary to disclose your data to our professional advisers (for example, to our legal advisers or our accountants).
- To any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- If it is necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply (if applicable) or to protect the rights, property, or safety of GM8 Group Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and exchanging information with debt recovery agencies.
- In order to process your order. For example, we will supply your name and address (and possibly telephone number) to our delivery courier and your billing details to our payment provider.
- Where your data may be processed
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or that any transfer of data outside the EEA are only made to those states which the European Commission has deemed to have adequate data security protection or which are otherwise permitted under UK data Protection law.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your rights
In order to exercise any of your rights, please write to us at our trading address, contact us by telephone or email us using the details set out in the final paragraph below.
You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes. You may object to our use of your data for marketing purposes contacting us and informing us that you object to our processing of your data for marketing purposes.
In respect of processing which we carry out on the basis that we have a legitimate interest, you may object to our processing for specified purposes or at all at any time. You may object by contacting us and informing us that you are objecting to processing for one or more of the purposes for which we have legitimate interest to process your data.
In respect of processing which we carry out on the basis that you have given consent, you have the right to withdraw consent to our processing for specified purposes or at all at any time. You may withdraw consent by contacting us and informing us that you are withdrawing your consent for one or more of the purposes for which consent was given.
You may request to have any incorrect information corrected or to have your information deleted.
You have the right to request a copy of information held about you by us. Generally we will provide this information free of charge, however in certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you in accordance with UK Data Protection law.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to require us (and our third party data processors) to erase your data without undue delay, although we reserve the right not to erase data (or to inform our third party data processors) where processing remains necessary for purposes which are permitted by UK data Protection law.
You have the right to request that your data is made portable for the purposes of transferring data to another supplier in relation to:
- data which you have provided to us;
- data which is processed on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract; and
- data which is processed by automated means.
- Checking your identity
- Enquiries and concerns
We will endeavour to only use data that is relevant to our purpose and to ensure your data is kept secure however sometimes errors occur. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your data, you can contact us using the details below and we will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your data as required by law you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 1231113 or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
The Data Protection Officer at GM8 Group is the Managing Director and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to GM8 Group, 54 Wilbury Way, Hitchin, Herts, SG4 0TP or on 01462 429 765.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.