Top 10 Wormery Tips!
13.06.2016 in News
Top tips for great Wormery success
- Feed a little and often. If in doubt under feed rather than over feed.
- Drain off the liquid periodically to avoid water-logging and if it appears wet mix in dry shredded newspaper and/or cardboard.
- A balanced diet is best.
- Easy on the highly acidic foods:- onions, garlic, citrus fruits and very spicy foods.
- Read and occasionally re read the product instructions. We all like to get things sorted quickly and sometimes think we know a tad more than maybe we do, but our product instructions are in all modesty, well written, informative and cover 99% of all key queries you are likely to have on your Wormery.
- Lift the lid and take a nosey from time to time. Have a little dig or poke about to check all is well. Any problems refer to 5) above!
- If you don't like flies avoid storing the kitchen waste too long before adding to the Wormery and don't leave the Wormery lid open more than is essential.
- Look after your worms and they will look after you - well they'll make excellent compost and liquid feed for you at least!
- Bury meat waste to minimise the risk of flies invading.
- Remember to dilute the liquid feed with 10 parts water prior to use. It's excellent stuff, but it is concentrated!