Large Vortex Rainwater Collection Filters for Barns & Warehouses (100mm with Wall Bracket)
The Large Vortex Rainwater Collection Filters for Barns & Warehouses can be installed as part of a rainwater harvesting system where rain water from the roof is channelled through a horizontal underground pipe and is suitable for filtering large amounts of rainwater.
The unit filters and diverts rainwater to a storage tank.Leaves, moss and other debris are washed through to the drain or soakaway.
Rainwater enters the inlet connection in the side of the unit.The inlet is designed to swirl the water in a vortex like action around the surface of the stainless steel filter below.The rainwater is drawn through the vertical mesh walls of the fine filter by adhesion, then collected and fed through the outlet to the storage tank.Debris and particles that are too large for the filter are flushed through to the drain outlet by the action of water flowing down the surface of the filter.More than 95% of the rainwater entering the filter is filtered and collected by this principle.
Pitched roofs of slate, clay or concrete are the most suitable for collecting rainwater.Flat roofs can also be utilised but the volume of water collected is reduced.Thatch or planted roof areas are less suitable due to the low collection efficiency and discolouration of the water that is collected.
- Suitable for roof areas up to 200 square metres.
- Connects to standards storm water pipes below ground.
- Virtually all debris, moss, leaves, insects, etc. is washed through the uniquely constructed vertical filter by self-cleaning action.
- Unique oxygen-enriching function.
- No restriction or obstruction of water flow through the appliance.
- More than 95% efficient.
- Minimum maintenance.
- Tough polyethylene housing.
- High quality stainless steel filter mesh.
- 50cm extension tube can be trimmed to length to suit invert level.
- Can also be wall-mounted.
Boxed Dimensions and gross weights
100mm Filter - 16kg 15 x 48 x 36 cm
Wall Bracket - 4kg 15 x 48 x 36 cm